Pages

Thursday

Pleasant, chatty Science Fiction Podcasts


Renay and Anna chat exuberantly about their interests in SF. I discovered them through Galactic Suburbia. In a way, the two podcasts are similar, in that they are women discussing in each episode an SF topic that interests them. Fangirl Happy Hour tends to make me laugh, while my favourite episodes of Galactic Suburbia are really thoughtful. What I like about Galactic Suburbia is its unabashed intellectualism. They take their feminism and run with it. It’s strangely peaceful. My favourite episode of Galactic Surburbia would be episode 125 on James Tiptree Jr.


Tea and Jeopardy is another SF related podcast that I enjoy in which an author or illustrator is interviewed each episode. It’s a very calm, peaceful podcast despite the slight hint of jeopardy.